// Tat-Twam-Asi //
Thou Art That
A Spot of Philosophy and a Splash of Everything

The Great Masquerade!

Category: , , By FreaKo

The voice tried to reassure me! The voice was calm and soft and said, "Shalom!"
“What?” I asked.

I looked up into the sun burning like there was no tomorrow! All it did was burn, burn and burn. It seemed that it was frustrated at something and an imperceptible pain seemed to fuel its anger. I stared at the sun. The voice was still ringing in the deep realms of my thoughts. Shalom! The word was echoing! Shalom! Reassuring, the voice was crystal! And I looked at the sun burning!

The blinding flame hurt, like a thousand needles pricking the eyes. The eyes watered immediately and I thought my eyes were bleeding. Yet my eyes didn’t flinch a bit. The pain started to ease, but the eyes kept watering and soon the world around me started to fade into an obscure darkness. And the world within, faintly, began becoming visible!

And in the painful and brilliant display of light I saw the truth. A truth so profound and horrifying, that it had to be shielded from the prying eyes of the inquisitive. And the sun burned, and burned itself, as though it knew what the truth was, as though trying to keep a secret of a million thousand years by burning itself out. Until one day when it runs out of its energy and getting tired it burns itself out! Leaving nothing but charred remains of an life that contended itself in keeping the truth out of reach cause it knew the truth and the deceptive world that we embraced.

I blinked. I couldn’t take it any longer. I didn’t know how long I stared at the sun. But I knew it was long enough to understand the truth. And I looked around and I saw people. People were everywhere I looked. And the numbers just kept swelling up. Oblivious to the fact! And I though! What would happen when they know the truth?

”Shalom!” I replied to the voice! “Shalom”, I lied. The devil knew that I knew the truth and since then I never heard her soft reassuring voice. I looked at the people with my burning eyes and wondered, “When shall I tell the truth?”

“Shalom!” I laughed!

 

6 comments so far.

  1. Ranjani Ravi August 9, 2008 at 9:38 AM
    Nikhil, I didn't know how to contact you!So, am using this form!:)

    Well, you might have read from some of my earlier posts that i have ventured into Group blogging. The venture will be called "The Voices Within" and goes by the domain name thevoiceswith.in Now, i have read many of your posts and would like you to be a part of the team. How would you like to contribute for the voices within?Please let me know soon!I will very much appreciate if you can comment on the latest post of my blog which talks about the issue. Thanks!
  2. Ranjani Ravi August 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM
    hi Nikhil, thanks for the immediate reply. Mine has come a bit late. Sorry, was busy!:)
    Well, the blogging venture as mentioned before will have many bloggers who will write stuff that they think is their niche. If you have a particular niche and think you can write on that, just let me know. Or if you think you can handle eclectic stuff well, no problem. Anyway, i wuld really like anything that comes from the heart. Any post that is controversial and makes sense, is what i expect, rather than a post that talks about random stuff. Trust you get me. I want this blog to make people think. If you have any queries, please feel free to send a mail to ranjaniravi87@gmail.com
    Thanks a ton for you help and support!:)
  3. Anonymous September 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    Hi,

    I am Richa from SiliconIndia, I trust my email finds you in good health and high spirits. I am also an avid blogger and thought it’s a good time to initiate an interaction by updating you on some of the recent happenings at SiliconIndia.

    • We are now a strong community of 1 Million professionals
    • There are 10,000 active bloggers who participate in active blogging

    We have leaders like Narayan Murthy, Azim Premji to fresh graduates who share their opinion & thoughts to contribute their knowledge and advice through blogging.

    We would love to see you, embark on blogging here and sharing your perspectives to the rapidly growing SiliconIndia community and appreciate your community initiative here.

    Please mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

    Richa Sharma
    Blog Editor – SiliconIndia
  4. Elithraniel Arawion November 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    beauty of a post!
  5. Zorami December 12, 2008 at 12:15 PM
    really ncie post...worth visiting :)

    Hey! Can I suggest u a sharing engine? : ) It’s called Tell-a-Friend with which visitor like me can easily share ur posts with frens thru mails,IMs,blogs,socialnetworking sites etc...u cn simply register on www.socialtwist.com Careful with the site type u choose..al d best : )
  6. Ajit Nathaniel December 27, 2008 at 5:30 AM
    hey! Thanks for dropping by my blog and thus introducing me to yours.

    Keep in touch!

Something to say?