// Tat-Twam-Asi //
Thou Art That
A Spot of Philosophy and a Splash of Everything

The Letter - Part - I

By FreaKo


This is a multi-part open letter to the Prime Minister, asking him to refrain from going ahead with the nuclear agenda currently being considered by this government.

Dear Mr.Prime Minister,

I know all is not well in New Delhi and that the biggest concern with the government today is not the well being of the people of this nation, but the survival of the UPA government. This is one of the most appalling truth that the citizens of this country has to deal with. We, the people of India, sent you people (MPs) to the corridors of power, so that you can work towards the well being and  for the welfare of the people of this country, whom your party would like to mock as Aam Aadmi. Mr.Prime Minister, let me tell you that the term Aam Aadmi is the most derogatory term that you could call the citizens of this great nation. What makes you believe that you yourselves are above the rest of us Aam Aadmis that you had to refer to us with that term? When you call us as 'Aam Aadmi', does that mean that we are of low cast in this modern day society, untouchables who live at the mercy of people whom we gave a job, a job of running this country? It just shows the kind of respect you and your coterie of ministers have for the very people who made you what you are! Do you wonder about the morsel of rice that you eat everyday, is the sweat of someone who broke is back because of the policies that you have enforced, ensured that he cannot eat the same morsel that he reaps? And what do you people do all day in office? I wonder Mr. Prime Minister?

Before I come to my point Mr. Prime Minister, let me clarify that I am not writing this letter to make you realize your actual job. I hope you already know that! I needed the above preamble to discuss something of grave importance, which if you understand, which I presume that you will, will help you in addressing some of the most urgent matter that needs to be looked into. Right now Mr. Prime Minister, I am going to ask you some questions. No, this not an examination, nor do I suspect your knowledge on the subject of Indian people, just make a mental note of these questions! Let me clarify, that I do not want the answers, it is for you Mr.Prime Minister. 
1. How many people in this country, have access to food and clean (Repeat: Clean, not the one that comes out of the Municipal taps) drinking water, for every day of their living life?
2. How many people in this country have access to free medical care?
3. How many children have access to free education in place of 'free' employment?

Now let me come to the point Mr. Prime Minister. Billions of bytes, loads of news print and billions of dollars (That is the currency you like, right?) worth intellectual time have already been wasted on this piece of alien crap called the Indo-US Nuclear deal! The other day, one of those, so called news channels was airing a news story, which they claim was something about what you said to your party's supreme commander, in relation to the pet deal that chanced upon on your last visit to uncle Sam! I don't know  how true these news channels are, but according to them, you had expressed your desire to quit as the Prime Minister of this great nation, if the Indo-US deal does not get through! Personally I would want both of that scenario unfurl, Mr. Prime Minister. No hard feelings, but your demonstration of running a country has not caught my fancy a bit Mr. Prime Minister. Excuse me for the coming digression, but the supreme commander of your party makes me laugh. Sometime I wonder who runs the country, you and your ministers or the supreme commander? Or have we stepped back into history when this country was run on feudal system? You have this Zamindaar, and a lot of his cronies seeking the next order as to what to do next? Or am I missing something? Oh well, you still refer to your people as Aam Aadmi, right? 

Mr. Prime Minister, I have about ten minutes more today. You see I have a life of my own in which I have my own little things to do, that cannot be postponed. You see, it is like this, as the Prime Minister, you need to know if your people have the time or not to interact with you and not the other way round, after all you are their servant, right? Someday, I will invite you over for a cup of tea, the kind of tea that we untouchables drink! And you can go back to the corridors and say with pride and boast to your coterie and supreme commander that you had the chance to have tea with your people and that I actually took out some time to chit-chat with you and that you shook hands with me!

I apologize for not having discussed what I wanted to, but I promise that I shall write to you about it tomorrow. How can I not Mr.Prime Minister, after all, the future of this great nation of untouchables depend on our discussion. Right Mr.Prime Minister? Until then, I suggest that you keep your hands off that dreaded document, you wouldn't want to disappoint me, right Mr.Prime Minister?

Yours Truly,
FreaKo
Not an Aam Aadmi   

 

9 comments so far.

  1. Rinzu June 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    I wish the pm of our country had time to read our letters...!!!

    Our country would have been heaven then...

    :)
  2. Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM
    Well if you don't mind, I'll be featuring this post on http://www.indiawakeup.com/

    Please tell me if you are alright with it... :)
  3. FreaKo June 24, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    @Rinzu: That would be nice, but he really does not have to read letters man... just do his job, thats all is required!!! Lets pray and work towards a great and free country!

    Thanks for the visit!

    @Joel: Gr8 idea for the website and I certainly do not mind you featuring this! I am alright with it ;)

    Thanks for the visit too!
  4. Anonymous June 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    Ok thanks. Your post has bee features here at http://www.indiawakeup.com/

    Also if you would like to join us, you are most welcome... :)
    Let me know if you would like to.. :)
  5. FreaKo June 24, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    @ Joel: Thanks for confirming Joe! And yes I would like to join you in the effort to do that little something! :)
  6. Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 7:29 AM
    added your great letter and linked your website to our emagazine http://GlobalPundit.Org

    hope youll swap links with us too!

    nice job btw!
  7. FreaKo June 26, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    @editorstGP.O: Thanks for taking this up. The second part of the letter is here:
    http://nrnikhil.blogspot.com/2008/06/letter-part-ii.html
  8. clash July 8, 2008 at 11:33 AM
    The prime minister is not a minister in actual sense. He is a bureaucrat!!

    In many occassion,in many ways a lot of people have wielded their wwords regarding the double standards he has shown towardss this deal.

    We all know, he was against the Pokrhan blasts, he never approved any funds while he was finance minister for our nuclear programmes and so on..

    And now he is here, running like a salivating dog to sign this deal...

    And there is nothing much for Congress, they are not anymore Ideology driven. The courting of Samajwadi Party says, all this.
  9. FreaKo July 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    @Clash: I did not want to comment on how un-indian a PM can get... The discussion was on a Deal that has takena the country to ransome and the PM who tries to be a dictators poodle... and believing in that!

Something to say?