// Tat-Twam-Asi //
Thou Art That
A Spot of Philosophy and a Splash of Everything

Moon Drop - Preview

Category: By FreaKo

I
img010The night sky looked like a canvas of deep violet with the effervescence of the milky white moon’s light scattered by the cotton like clouds that lingered around it like bees around a flower.
A dark dry leaf with a crooked smile on its face, floated on the wrinkly surface of the shallow stream, across the reflection of the great dollop of light in the sky and into the darkness of the purple night.

II
“Markie… you there?” “Uh oh! Yea! I was just getting on to the balcony for better reception. I can barely hear you” I lied, getting back to my senses.
“So what’s the news on your side?” I asked. Damn! What the hell am I doing trying to strike a conversation with someone whom I don’t know? “Well there is news for you. I am leaving Delhi, and coming to Bangalore.”

III
“That’s great!” I said. “So how is Meenakshi?” She asked.
Now this is someone I really knew in the past and she knew a lot more than I wished to remember...

“She’s doing well, I guess.” Why did I say that? I haven’t talked to her in more than 2 years and I don’t even know if she is in the same city as I am and for that matter she may be in a different continent altogether rearing somebody else’s kids by now.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?